Paxton Media Group
Paxton Media Group is seeking qualified and skilled applicants for the position of Cold Offset Press Operator at its print production facility in Shepherdsville, Kentucky.
The position is responsible for the efficient operation of a 6-tower DGM 430 Community Press producing company-owned and commercial customer publications in broadsheet, tabloid and booklet formats. The company offers successful candidates competitive compensation, including an attractive benefits package including optional medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) and paid time off benefits.
- Proven knowledge of cold offset printing process.
- 1 or more years experience operating a Goss or DGM Community Printing Press.
- Ability to work effectively with other press operators to meet established print quality and deadlines in a structured setting.
- Demonstrated high ethical conduct and standards.
Responsibilities & Essential Functions:
- Demonstrates willingness to learn press craftsmanship skills, health rules and regulations.
- Performs press run make-ready procedures with speed and accuracy.
- Operates console to produce high quality printing reproduction within waste limit standards.
- Operates clamp truck in a safe and efficient manner to move news rolls from storage to paster reelstands.
- Strips and prepares paper for loading into the reel stands.
- Makes pasters on paper loaded in the press.
- Pastes off successfully, one paper roll to another during press operation.
- Sets black, single spot color ink and multi-spot and process color.
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of offset terminology, principles, plate exposure, running a web lead, mounting plates and running black and color ink with proper water balance.
- Performs routine mechanical maintenance on the press and support equipment.
- Prepares and completes appropriate job training written materials in a timely manner.
- Demonstrates team approach to task accomplishments, carries out directions with dispatch, maintains a positive, flexible, and eager approach to learning job skills.
- Adheres to all safety requirements.
- Performs duties within capabilities as necessary to accomplish department and company goals.
Qualified candidates may contact Chris Ordway, Group Publisher, Paxton Media Group.
Equal Opportunity Employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com