The Kentucky Standard
Bardstown, KY Newspaper
POSITION PURPOSE: Write well-written, interesting, accurate, informative and timely feature, general news and/or hard news stories as assigned. Photograph and process images on deadline that work with written text to illustrate news, sports or feature stories for print and online editions of the newspaper.
· College degree in journalism, English, related field or equivalent experience
· Understanding of journalistic ethics and legal/libel knowledge is helpful
· Effective organizational and time management skills
· Ability to work on tight deadlines
· Good communication skills
· Initiative to pursue news/feature/photo opportunities
· Sharp sense for news photography; keen eye for photos, strong sense of ethics.
· Ability to write effective, accurate cutlines.
· Proven adaptability and initiative.
· Cover assigned beats and breaking news with timely stories and photos.
· Taking photos and editing them with Adobe Photoshop and offering ideas for page design and performing page design using pagination software.
· Contribute photo ideas daily.
· Develop photo-story projects.
· Participate in news budget meetings, and project planning meetings.
· Process photos for publication using PhotoShop.
· Write effective, accurate cutlines
· Technical/Professional Knowledge & Skills
· Managing Work
· Building Trust
· Initiating Action
· Decision Making
· Customer Focus
· Stress Tolerance
· Motivational Fit
Reports to: Editor
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com